Although most developed countries put considerable effort into battling gender inequality, and humanity managed to achieve remarkable progress in this area over the last century or so, it still remains one of the most problematic issues modern society has to deal with. Unfortunately, most of the aforementioned progress has been only conspicuous in western societies, while in many developing countries there were no noticeable advances for a long time, sometimes for centuries.
Even today, in the 21st century, barbarous practices like forced marriages and female genital mutilation are still rampant in Africa and Middle East, so it is safe to assume that we have a very long way to go towards worldwide gender equality. Therefore, it is no wonder that students are so often assigned to write opinion essays that deal with this topic.
Gender equality and inequality is an incredibly broadly defined area of research. If you put a little bit of thought into it you can come up with any number of fascinating, creative and original topics for your opinion essay. Here you can see a few examples:
- Does Gender Inequality Still Exist in the American Workplace?
- Gender Equality in Western Society: Achievements and Prospects
- Does Gender Help or Hinder Women in the Workplace?
- Main Obstacles for Achieving Workplace Gender Equality in Modern Society
- Roots of Gender Inequality and Their Expression in Today’s Society
- The United States and Gender Equality: Where Do We Stand?
- Gender Equality in Science
- State Enforcement of Gender Equality Laws: Is It Really Effective?
- Gender Equality and Gender-Blindness: Differences and Common Features
- Gender Equality: Are Women Still Being Held Back by Stereotypes?
- Gender Disparity in Education and Workplace: Results and Future Goals
- The Role of Gender Equality in Upbringing of Children
- Is True Gender Equality Achievable?
- Gender Equality and Peace: Are They Connected?
- Gender Equality and its Role in Economic Development
- Gender Equality and Family Division of Labor
- Gender Equality in Politics: What Does It Mean?
- What Does Gender Inequality Cost Us Economically?
- Gender Disparity in the World of Science: Why It Exists
- Gender Inequality in the Modern Family
Nice topics, aren’t they? And the best part of it is that you don’t have to do any prolonged and tiresome research to come up with a similar idea on your own. Gender equality or inequality is a kind of topic that, to some extent, encompasses the entirety of human experience. You may take a look at virtually any part of your life and be sure to find some food for thought that, after proper consideration, can be turned into a top-notch topic pertaining to this broad issue.
Your essay may take an economic, sociological, psychological, ethnographical, historical or, in fact, any other turn – you just have to use a little bit of imagination and creativity in defining your approach. After all, with this area of study being that popular, you are sure to find data for your research no matter what you choose.
4.80 avg. rating (93% score) - 5 votes
Tags: college essay topics, essay topics, essay writing topics
This list is meant to give you some ideas about the topics for research papers in this course. It is not meant to be exhaustive. You should also realize that the topics are stated very broadly and that you will have to narrow the topic you choose considerably.
Homophobia and gender
Cultural differences in ways men and women can exhibit male and female roles (hijab, berache, etc.).
Male and female aggression
Relational aggression in women
Women and men and sports
Male vs. female math ability
Lesbians and homosexuals and relationships
Anorexia and Bulimia in males and females
Pornography and the treatment of women
TV programs and their betrayal of male and female roles
Gender and low self esteem
Oxytocin: The hormone of bonding ane men and women
Gender and child abuse
Woman as victim
Male and female attractiveness
Males and female in the single scene
Gender and mating strategies
Hormones and female caregiving
Learned helplessness and achievement in males and females
How males and females adjust to marriage
The effect of fathers on children's development
Working mothers and children's development
Male vs. female bosses
The men's movement
The women's movement
Gender and the classroom
Toys and play of boys and girls
Gender and marital and relationships preferences
Power roles in marriages
Opposite sex friends
Nonverbal communication and gender
Company policies on families
Men in female jobs
Differences in male and female earning capacity
Sex segregated careers
The effects of divorce and gender
Changes in gender behavior with age
Use of the masculine in language
Sexual dysfunction and gender
Male sports and Misogyny
Mothers who stay home vs. those who have careers
Physical health differences
Psychological health differences
Gender and aging
Abortion and gender
Women and politics
Women in the military
Single sex schools
Emotional differences in the sexes
Dual career families
Division of labor in marriage.
Alexthymia, or the lack of emotional responsiveness in men.
Successful women and their relation with their father
Economic progress in women's careers
Females and the glass ceiling
Childlessness in marriages
Women with outstanding careers
TOPIC OF YOUR CHOICE. Don't be afraid to think of your own topic after perusing your text. There is a great deal I have left out.