Platte Clove Preserve
Located in the northeastern Catskills, the Catskill Center's Platte Clove Preserve is comprised of 208 acres with beautiful waterfalls and trails at the head of the rugged and scenic Platte Clove in the Town of Hunter, Greene County.
The preserve remains a pristine wilderness area open for the quiet enjoyment of our members and the public.
Each year at the preserve's small red cabin we host several artists during the summer season for our Artist in Residence program.
Hours of Operation
The Platte Clove Preserve is open daily from dawn to dusk.
The public is welcome to enjoy the Platte Clove Preserve, but we ask that the property be properly respected, including properly respecting the natural and cultural features located on the property. In addition, visitors must respect these conditions of use:
- FOOT TRAVEL ONLY - No horses, mountain bikes or motorized vehicles are permitted on the Preserve
- TRAVEL ON MARKED TRAILS ONLY - Please do not leave the improved, marked trails. The Preserve's ecology is fragile and there are also many dangerous drops, waterfalls and ravines
- NO LITTERING
- NO CAMPING
- NO FIRES
- NO COLLECTING (plants, animals, cultural and historical items)
- NO SWIMMING
- NO HUNTING
- NO CLIMBING, ICE CLIMBING OR RAPPELLING
Failure to respect these conditions of use can result in visitors being asked to leave the Preserve and if necessary, legal actions.
Parking is very limited along Platte Clove Road and the Town of Hunter strictly enforces the posted "No Parking" areas. Visitors to the preserve should park at the NYSDEC parking lot located off of Platte Clove Road 0.2 miles east of the Preserve (the parking lot is located on the dirt road off the north side of Platte Clove).
The Red Cabin on the property is not open to the public. The cabin is used by the Catskill Center to host our Artist-In-Residence Program. Visitors should not approach the cabin and there are no facilities in the cabin open to the public.
The Platte Clove Preserve is a natural area that is maintained to ensure its wilderness character remains. There are three maintained trails on the preserve that are open to the public. The remainder of the lands of the preserve is not open to the public. The three trails accessible to the public at the Preserve are:
- Если только… Сьюзан хотела что-то сказать, но поняла, что сейчас-то Стратмор и взорвет бомбу. Если только -. - Если только компьютер понимает, взломал он шифр или. Сьюзан чуть не свалилась со стула. - Что.