How to Write a Cover Letter for an Insurance Analyst Trainee Position
Highlight your education and strong analytical skills
As an entry-level business analyst, your cover letter should highlight previous work and educational experience. Since your job will deal largely with data and reports, you should include examples of the technical business skills you have learned and used as part of your education and in previous positions. Try to address as closely as possible the requirements stated in the job description for the best chance at gaining an interview.
What to Include
If you have a reference or referral from someone you know, you should include it early in your cover letter. Having someone, ideally someone in the insurance industry, vouch for you can make the difference in scoring an interview or not, especially at the entry level. If you know someone with a contact at your target company, reach out to that person and seek an endorsement. If you don't have any connections to an employee at your target company, include a reference from someone in the insurance industry with whom you have interned, worked or studied.
In your cover letter, go into more detail about certain aspects of the qualifications and experiences that you mention in your resume. This is your opportunity to explain how certain skills were applied during internships and previous positions. Don't just say that you understand insurance rules. Get specific and note that you how you have previously utilized your familiarity with HIPAA Compliance and Security Policies and Procedures or with Medicare rules and regulations, depending on what the job listing mentions.
You can also discuss specific projects that you worked on as a part of your coursework that you feel are relevant to the open position.
Remember that your cover letter works together with your resume to present you as a well-qualified candidate. Try to use your cover letter to enhance and provide details for the most important aspects of your resume as they relate to the job you are applying for.
Point out how your analyst internship at ABC company has already taught you many of the skills you will need as an Insurance Analyst Trainee at XYZ Company.
The following is a cover letter example for insurance analyst trainee position. You can use this cover letter as a guide, adjusting the details to fit your circumstances and the specific job to which you are applying.
Insurance Analyst Trainee Cover Letter Example
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Cell Phone Number
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Mr./Ms. Lastname,
I would like to express my interest in an insurance analyst trainee position with XYZ Company. Throughout my job search and conversations with insurance industry personnel, I have come to respect the professionalism that characterizes your firm and its employees. I am confident that XYZ Company’s values and objectives would highly complement my own strengths and enthusiasm. I would like to be considered for your Insurance Analyst Trainee role, or a similar position that requires refined analytical and communication skills.
Evidence of my leadership and analytical skills can be seen in my responsibilities as analyst intern at ABC Company, and my commitment to academics.
My educational background in government and business, combined with my internship experiences, has been excellent preparation for an analyst career with XYZ Company.
Please review the enclosed resume and references, and consider my application for your Insurance Analyst Trainee role. I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you in New York and explore the company environment, as well as possible job opportunities. I will call your office next week to discuss these possibilities.
I look forward to exchanging ideas with you concerning a career at XYZ Company and the positive contributions I would offer as a member of your organization.
Thank you for your consideration.
Signature (hard copy letter)
How to Send an Email Cover Letter
If you're sending a cover letter via email, the format will vary from that of a traditional written letter.
The subject line should contain your name and the job title:
Subject: Insurance Analyst Trainee Position—Firstname Lastname
Include your contact information in your email signature, and don't list the employer contact information. Start your email message with the salutation. The body of the letter will be exactly the same as in a written cover letter. Do not use abbreviations and be sure to proofread thoroughly.
If you are applying for the job by email, make sure that you follow the directions completely. Different companies will prefer that your documents be presented in different formats; some will request Word documents, others will want them in a PDF, and others may specify something else. Your application won’t make it through the screening process if you don’t follow the directions, no matter how qualified you may be, so read carefully and make sure you understand and follow those instructions.
- The primary function of this role was the analytical and tactical execution of import/export transactions relating to the Research and Development Team. Acted as Subject matter expert and assisted Broker with all documentation requests from government agencies ( FDA, DEA, USDA, FCC, etc.)
- Reported broker -performance metrics and monthly costs reports to executive team.
- Facilitated on average 7MM dollars of Import Trade activity
- Business excellence strategic initiatives to streamline daily assignments and identify process improvements for same.
- Led cross-department initiatives to triage,mitigate risk based shipping activities.
- Audited Import/Export shipment transactions across site/division departments for risk and compliance activities.
- Participated in special projects, external audits, evaluations and process improvements.
- Flatten/ streamline process for external movement of goods, eliminating 400 hours of Dangerous Goods training for AbbVie scientists annually.
- Sourced qualified vendors to provide program resources, SHIP HAZMAT software licensing.
- Conceptualized future program components including Share Point shipping request based platform, trained users in the proper use of of software.
- Implemented charge back methodology for departments monthly shipping costs, provide annualized reports to financial stakeholders.
- Redirected shipments en route in response to customer requests.
- Communicated all emergencies, delays due to weather and carrier schedule changes to internal/external stakeholders.
- Led export shipping initiatives to advance operational efficiency.
- Collaborated with third-party vendors to implement a new Share Point shipping request system.
- Coordinated the procurement, packaging and labeling and final QA activities associated with the shipment of chemicals, biologics and reagents to customers and affiliates globally.
- Gathered, logged and monitored all shipping data.
- Coached 3 other employees and assisted with quarterly performance reviews.
- Maintained the editorial schedule of affiliate shipments, including database metrics and WMS transactions.
- Insured that orders were properly packaged and labeled in accordance with GMP, FDA, DOT,49 CFR and IATA/ICAO regulations.
- Trained users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Followed internal procedures for change management, incident management and escalation.
- www.linkedin.com/in/ markpinskepetah123
- Awarded “4 Excellence Award" distinction by GPRD Finance and Operations, February, 2010 for GPRD World Ship Roll out.
- Awarded “4 Excellence Award” distinction by GPRD Finance and Operations in April 2011 for project lead, first international live species shipment of research animals .
- Maintained consistent and on-time delivery record with 98% of all orders arriving on time or ahead of schedule, 2010-2012
- Achieved 99% accuracy during annual audit of a 3000 stock-keeping unit warehouse facility in 2010-2012
- Participated in the launch of Valparib, increasing company revenue by 22%.
- Participated in the launch of Humira, increasing company revenue by 47%.
- Recognized for excellence in contributions to the development of the WorldShip Share Point request based system > 50 individual awards.